Daniel Joseph Miller, Esquire
- FINRA – SEC – Broker Dealer – Securities Fraud
- Securities Fraud and Investment Losses
- Overconcentration, Churning, Unauthorized Trading
- Selling Away, Unsuitable Investments, Options Trading
- Derivatives, Shareholder Law Suits, Class Action
- Wrongful Termination and U-5 Defamation
- Banking and Lender Liability
- Elder Abuse
- Environmental Law – Groundwater Contamination
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury – Auto, Truck, Train, Airplane Accident
- Premises Liability
- Business and Contract Negotiations
- Insurance / Corporate Law
- Sports and Entertainment
- Mass Tort, Class Action, Mass Action
Jurisdictions Admitted to
Practice and Licensure
- Maryland State Bar
- Mediation Certificate – Maryland Rule 17-106
- Baltimore City Bar
- District and Circuit Court of Maryland
- Baltimore County Circuit Court
- Baltimore City Circuit Court
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- United States District Court for Maryland
- Supreme Court of the United States
- FINRA – SEC
Principal of The Miller Stern lawyers, LLC., LLC – – A “boutique” law firm, with a small firm atmosphere and large firm results. No matter the size, all of our cases are handled with compassion, creativity, and aggressiveness when it’s time to put on the gloves. We leave no stone unturned and strive forward for the best possible result for our clients. We set the standard for
thorough and zealous representation of our clients.
Before Mr. Miller started his legal career, he served as a financial advisor, retirement and restricted stock specialist with Morgan Stanley, and a principle of J.D. Miller Asset Management, positions that has equipped him with years of invaluable experience in the securities industry.
Utilizing this experience, Mr. Miller has successfully participated in and recovered millions of dollars for his clients against major banks and brokerage firms, litigating and arbitrating cases involving matters such as elder abuse, wrongful termination,
churning, securities fraud and investment losses, overconcentration and unauthorized trading and many other fraudulent
practices that caused millions of dollars in losses to individuals and businesses all over the world.
In addition to recovering millions of dollars in securities fraud arbitrations, Mr. Miller was a lead member of the trial team
representing multiple plaintiffs against the largest corporation in the world, ExxonMobil, in a ground-breaking Multi-Million Dollar law suit, resulting in a $150 Million Dollar verdict after a six months trial. Additionally, Mr. Miller and his previous firm
represented over three hundred clients in a multi-state, multi-billion dollar law suit involving fraud and discrimination charges against one of the largest insurance companies in the nation.
Daniel Miller has long been involved in the legal industry, starting his storied career in 1992 as the lead litigation technology
advisor for many multi-million-dollar cases across the nation. Mr. Miller strives to be an active member of the community and has served on many boards, including the American Red Cross and the Jewish National Fund. Additionally, and importantly, he has received accommodations for many of his endeavors. They include a 9-11 Red Cross accommodation for aiding search and rescue efforts at ground zero of the World Trade Center and served in a joint Israel-American army program in the first
Gulf War. Additionally, he has received local and national accommodations for his superior litigation technology work on various multi-national, multi-million dollar litigation.
As the founding partner, Dan has represented countless families whose lives have been tragically turned upside down because of catastrophic financial losses, injuries, medical malpractice, auto accidents, environmental disasters, and business and
securities fraud. No matter how small or large the case, every client is treated with the same care, respect, and loyalty.
“Long after the case is settled, the bond with the client is always there.”
As a member of the million dollar and multimillion dollar advocate’s forum, Dan has won many millions of dollars for his clients. He doesn’t stop fighting the battle until his client wins the settlement they deserve.
“As a lawyer, I live and breathe my client’s cases, if you don’t get emotionally
involved, you’re not properly representing them.”
Dan has always been a leader and a fighter for justice, from assisting soldiers in Israel during the first Gulf War in 1990, to search and rescue efforts after the World Trade Center towers came down on 911. Dan risked his own life, as a First Responder in the search and rescue efforts at “Ground Zero”. He is a man of honor and integrity, and will fight to the end to get justice for his
- The Miller Stern lawyers, LLC., L.L.C. – Litigation in Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Toxic Tort, Securities Fraud,
Groundwater and Soil Contamination, Corporate and Business Fraud
- Litigation Team – Litigation in Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Toxic Tort, Securities Fraud, Groundwater and Soil
Contamination, Corporate and Business Fraud
- J.D. Miller Asset Management Group – Managing Principle Investments
- Morgan Stanley Dean Witter – Financial Advisor Retirement & Rule 144 Specialist
Notable Verdicts and Settlements
- Oil and Gas Spill – Premises Liability and Strict Liability – Confidential Six Figure Settlement
- Oil and Gas Spill – Premises Liability and Strict Liability – $150,000,000 Verdict
- Premises Liability – Wrongful Death in a Bar Altercation / Lack of Security – $500,000.00 Verdict
- Medical Malpractice – Limb Lengthening Negligence – Confidential Seven Figure Settlement
- Wrongful Birth – Alleged misread sonogram indicating genetic abnormalities – $7,000,000 Verdict
- Medical Malpractice – Against major hospital for misdiagnosis – Confidential Settlement
- Medical Malpractice – Against ER for failure to diagnose – Confidential Eight Figure Settlement
- Medical Malpractice – Against major hospital and OB-GYN – Confidential Seven Figure Settlement
- Medical Malpractice – Against major hospital and surgeon – failure to treat – Confidential Settlement
- Nursing Home Negligence – Failure to treat – Confidential Settlement
- Medical Negligence – Against PCP – Failure to diagnose caner – Confidential Settlement
- Medical Negligence – Against major hospital and anesthesiologist – nerve – Confidential Settlement
- Premises Liability – Permanent nerve damage and scarring to six-year-old – Six Figure Settlement
- Fraud and Conversion – Millions in damages to business and leased property
- Sale/Investment – Large Corporation looking for sale or capital investment.
Awards & Associations
- Million Dollar/Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Super Lawyers
- Best Lawyers
- American Bar Association.
- Maryland Trial Lawyers Association.
- Maryland State Bar Association.
- Baltimore City Bar Association.
- American Association for Justice.
- Previous Board of Directors member of Howard County Red Cross,
- Current committee member American Red Cross Central Maryland.
- Previous board member, Arthritis Volunteer Action Committee.
- Life Member PADI.
- Previous Chairman of the Board for the BZD Investment Committee
- Board Member Jewish National Fund.
- American Red Cross award recipient for heroic efforts during 9-11-01 – Search and Rescue.
- Member of Alpha Sigma Lambda – honor society.
- Delta Sigma Pi brother.
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity.
Snyder & Snyder, P.A. – Baltimore, MD
2005 – 2012
- Litigation in Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Securities, Toxic Tort, Corporate Litigation and Business Fraud.
- Verdicts and Settlements over $250M.
- Lead Counsel – First Chair for 3 – 5 Malpractice cases at any given time valued at 5 – 8 Million minimum.
- Recent Malpractice settlements/Verdicts:
- $6 Million – Wrongful Birth
- $1.1 Million – Medical Negligence
- $600,000 – Wrongful Death
- $1.5 Million – Medical Negligence
- $500,000 – Medical Negligence
- $11M – Medical Negligence – baby case
- $600,000 – Nursing Home Death
- $600,000 – Nursing Home Death 2
- $250,000 – Auto Accident
- $1.5 Million – Auto Injury
- Represented multiple Plaintiffs in Business Fraud case, over 300 clients.
- Business cases.
- $5M – Banking – Contract and Development – Cross Claim
- $60M – Breach of Contract, Fraud, Commercial Bribery, Slander/Libel
- Patent Infringement, Interference with Contract, and Fraud
- Medical Licensure – Malpractice and Fraud – Defending
- $150M – Toxic Tort – ExxonMobil
Recent Business Cases – Verdict and Settlements.
- $150M – Alban v. ExxonMobil – represented 250 clients against large oil corporation for 25K gallon gas leak. Fraud, Strict Liability, Property and Emotional Damage. Statement of claim gained national notoriety, discovery, document management (over 1M documents), litigation technology, six month trial team, client communications, pre-trial/post trial-prep, motions and discovery.
- $Confidential Settlement$ – Multi-National Insurance Company v. Multiple Plaintiffs – represented over 300 clients suing for Fraud, Misrepresentation, RICO, Conspiracy and Bribery stemming from a previous discrimination and harassment case. Pleadings, discovery and depositions of multiple clients, across multiple states and countries. Document management (over 5M documents), depositions in New Jersey, New York, Florida, North Carolina, pleadings, motions, settlement negotiations, litigation technology and client relations. Negotiations with Kenneth Feinberg.
- 20M – Secured patent rights to creator of product for Sleep Apnia with potential infringement damages.
- Created custom Internet Video/Document interface where clients can connect to a secured website to view video updates, messages and communications from lawyers in the office, as well as download pleadings and upload discovery material and questions. This is an invaluable operational tool for cases with multiple plaintiffs in order to properly communicate with the client base.
- Lead Litigation
- All pre-trial technology including digital document handling at all depositions, pre-trial prep and e-discovery as well as all trial technology including equipment and digital trial presentation.
- Created custom document management system to electronically categorize, separate and create folders for hot documents based on key word pinpoint.
- Law Firm Management – day-to-day management functions and operations of the office, staff, financial, case management and vendors.
Miller & Associates Trial Consultants. – Baltimore, MD
2000 – 2005
Chief Financial Officer
Lead Trial Consultant
Director of R and D
- Pioneering Audio-Depo, brand new state-of-the-art technology for the legal world, and gaining the exclusive rights for the tri-state area.
- Head of Research and Development for technology advancement in the legal industry.
- Creation of mobile video depo, the only truly mobile video conferencing system.
Crystal Castle Enterprises, Inc. – Baltimore, MD
Owner – CEO
- Design, sales and installation of high end home theaters and commercial projects.
- Member of Custom Electronics Design Installation Association of America (CEDIA) and Consumer Electronics Association (CEA).
J.D. Miller Asset Management Group – Baltimore, MD
2000 – 2002
Financial Advisor, Managing Principal, Retirement Specialist
- Owner and Managing Principal.
- Equities trading on OTC, NYSE, and NASDAQ, Mutual Funds, UIT’s, Options, Bonds, Fee Based and Managed Money,
- Life insurance, annuities and fixed income products.
- Retirement planning services, 401(k) rollovers, corporate plans, pension plans, SEP’s, Simple, 403(b), 457.
- Rule 144 Stock, Restricted Securities, Stock Options and Control Stock.
- Equities trading on OTC, NYSE, and NASDAQ, Mutual Funds, UIT’s, Options, Bonds, Fee Based and Managed Money,
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative – lapsed
- Series 31 – Managed Futures – lapsed
- Series 63 – State Registration Exam – lapsed
- Series 65 – Registered Investment Advisor – lapsed
- Series 24 – Principal – lapsed
- Rule 144 – Restricted Securities – lapsed
- INHO : In-House Options – lapsed
- Life Insurance – lapsed
- CFA Candidate for 2003
Morgan Stanley – Ellicott City, MD
1998 – 2000
Financial Advisor Retirement Planning/Rule 144 Specialist
- Boys High School – New Haven, CT.
High School Diploma.
- U of M & Foreign Exchange Student.
- Majored in Criminal – Abnormal Psychology.
- Studied Business Law abroad, including joint American/Israeli Army Program – Paratroopers division (During the first Gulf War.)
- Radio Broadcasting.
- University of MarylandBaltimore, MD
- Johns Hopkins University Baltimore, MD
- Graduate with honors – 3.9 GPA – Top 1%
- BS in Business and Communications – Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Majored in Communications with a minor in Business Administration.
- Juris Doctor, University of Baltimore School of Law – Cum Laude / Honors / Moot Court Board / Member Litigation Fellow
Along with former colleagues and partners, Daniel J. Miller was directly
responsible for Millions of Dollars in recoveries for their clients
through dedicating themselves to the zealous and aggressive
representation of their clients.
Brokerage Options Trading
Brokerage Breach of
Against Bank – Improper stock purchases and unauthorized trading
Against Radiologist – Misread
sonogram resulting in child born with Downs Syndrome
Against Homeowner – Child’s face lacerated when negligently placed mirror fell.
Medical Negligence Medevac Error
Against Hospital – Hypoxia -severe brain damage to child caused by lack of oxygen during hospital transport
Wrongful Death Informed Consent
Against Hospital – death of Judge due to off label use of medication and no informed consent from patient
Brokerage Breach of
Overconcentration & unauthorized trading
Toxic Tort – Gas
Fortune 100 oil company leaked 30k gallons of gasoline into the ground in residential neighborhood
Against Radiologist – Lost and misread sonogram resulting in child born with abnormalities
Driver made left turn across traffic without right-of-way causing three car pileup
Wrongful Death Lack of Monitoring
Against Hospital – High narcotic dose and lack of nursing care resulted in death
Medical Malpractice Surgical Error
Against Hospital – Physician spinal cord punctured from improper surgical procedure
Elder Abuse Breach of
Business Fraud –
Large insurance company allegedly discriminated age and race & conspired to settle & throw the cases
Against Hospital – ER Doc failed to diagnose and treat ACS causing organ failure and neurologic injuries
Against Hospital and ER Doc Routine cholecystectomy ended in severing bile duct
Breach of Contract
Against financier – breach of contract caused development project to go bankrupt
Against Hospital – pulmonary
Embolism after surgery